These Terms & Conditions (“Terms”) are between The Regents of the University of California, on behalf of Continuing Education of the Bar, (“CEB”) and Licensee for access to CEB’s electronic products.
“Product” means Online Programs, Content, and Software, and any portion thereof, that are accessible on the Internet through a uniform resource locator that CEB designates.
A. All CEB subscription products (OnLaw, OnLaw Libraries, OnLaw Individual Titles, CEB Plus, CEB Pro, Firm Passport, and Essential Forms) are non-refundable, recurring ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTIONS and will be AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED each year on the anniversary date of your purchase until cancellation with the following conditions:
3. NET30 PAYMENTS. If you are a NET30 customer, your subscription will automatically renew on the anniversary date and you must make the appropriate payment as indicated on the subscription invoice within 30 days or your account is subject to suspension or cancellation.
4. CANCELLATION. You have the right to terminate renewal of your subscription and payment authorization by calling CEB customer support at (800) 232-3444 or emailing CEB at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your renewal date.
A. All CEB subscription products are sold to individuals as well as firms and other organizations under the following conditions:
1. When purchasing any CEB subscription product directly via ceb.com using a credit you agree that this product is for your individual use only, and your access credentials will not be shared with others in or outside your organization;
A. Every user accessing CEB’s online products, except those from customers using authorized IP access to OnLaw as an authentication method, must have a non-shareable personal CEB account with a unique email address and password and are subject to the following conditions:
A. CEB Plus
B. CEB Pro
1. To receive a certificate for MCLE participatory credit, users must have a valid bar number on their account and have watched the entire video from beginning to end.
D. OnLAW® Individual Title with Print Purchase
E. CEB Reporter Online
F. CLE Course Pass
G. CLE Compliance Packages
H. Firm Passport
I. Essential Forms
J. Books–Automatic Update Service
A. CEB grants to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to:
4. Display, download or print portions of the Product on an ad hoc basis for your own personal, academic, educational, research, and professional law practice use, subject to the limitations in these Terms, which shall include reasonable use, rather than excessive use.
B. Notwithstanding any Use permitted above you shall NOT, without the prior written consent of CEB:
1. Decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or create derivative works from the Product;
2. Remove or obscure any proprietary notices, including, but not limited to, any and all copyright, trademark, and patent designations contained in the Product;
3. Assign, rent, lend, lease, sell, sublicense, transfer, export from the United States, copy, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, extract components from, or create derivative works of the Product, except as authorized under these Terms; or
C. You shall not interrupt, or attempt to interrupt, the operation of the CEB website in any way.
D. The CEB website may include technological protection measures that effectively control access, reproduction, or distribution of the Product. Any attempt to tamper or dismantle these protections is a breach of these Terms and may be a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, which violation may subject the violator to civil and criminal penalties.
E. You may reproduce any legal forms included in the Product as models for operative legal documents prepared by you in your professional law practice.
You represent, warrant, and covenant that: A. You will use the Product in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
B. You shall at all times comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations with respect to your Use of the Product.
C. You shall not use the Product to infringe, misappropriate, or violate the rights of CEB or third parties.
D. You shall not knowingly or otherwise introduce to or through the Product any viruses or other items of a destructive nature.
A. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE PRODUCT AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE PRODUCT IS ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND CEB SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND ANY STATUTORY WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT.
B. The Product is distributed subject to your understanding that CEB does not render any legal, accounting, or other professional advice or services. Attorneys or other legal professionals using the Product in connection with client or personal legal matters should also research all applicable statutes, rules, regulations, court decisions, and other original sources of authority.
A. USE OF THE PRODUCT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE PRODUCT OBTAINED BY MEANS OF CEB WEBSITES. CEB AND ITS AFFILIATES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, AND ANY TELECOMMUNICATIONS OR NETWORK SERVICES FOR CEB SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR PUNITIVE; DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES OR SIMILAR DAMAGES EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES; OR FOR ANY ATTORNEY FEES.
B. CEB’s website includes facts, views, opinions, and recommendations of third parties deemed to be of interest. CEB does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of, or otherwise endorse these views, opinions, or recommendations. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your own risk.
Your access right to the Product will continue or renew automatically unless CEB terminates it or you notify CEB of your decision to terminate your subscription.
You shall not use or refer to any trademarks, service marks, logos, or other identifiers of CEB, or properties owned, controlled, licensed, or otherwise proprietary to CEB, without the prior written consent of CEB. Any such permitted use of any trademarks, service marks, logos, or other identifiers shall inure to the benefit of CEB.
You shall not assign your rights, duties, or obligations under these Terms to any person or entity, in whole or in part, whether by assignment, merger, transfer of assets, sale of stock, operation of law, or otherwise, without the prior written consent of CEB, and any attempt to do so shall be deemed null and void, and of no effect.
If any provision of these Terms is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the other provisions of these Terms, and all provisions not affected by such invalidity shall remain in full force and effect.
These Terms shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to the principles of conflicts of laws or provisions regarding such.
Any controversies or claims arising out of or relating in any way to these Terms or a breach thereof, shall be adjudicated in the courts of the State of California. If any legal action is brought by either party regarding these Terms, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, in addition to any other relief available under applicable law, reasonable attorney fees and expenses.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter of the Terms and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties, whether written or oral, relating to the same subject matter.
CEB Customer Sevice and support technicians are available, 7:30am to 5:00pm (PT), M-F to take your order or answer your questions about CEB electronic products and services. To place an order call 1-800-232-3444 or e-mail us at email@example.com. For Technical Support call 1-800-750-9155. For Essential Forms Technical Support call 1-800-870-1101.